Wednesday 20 July 2011

World of Unknowns

I'm experiencing two worlds right now...as I type this post. One: The world where i'm sitting on my ass the whole day doing absolutely nothing(and when I say nothing I mean boring routine sh** that's turning my brain into a pure pasty mass of mash) and the other is where i'm entering into a world I don't know. Blogging!!

So many explanations, DOs and Don'ts, topics and themes that come with Blogs and just when you think your ideas are the freshest on this Planet, chocbuns' blogspot has had your ideas(plus some spice) working on a perfectly designed Blog...for 5 years already! *reprimands herself* "You're not so cool now are you Tshegwi". Then you go back to the drawing board and draw up nothing but doodles.

So hard isn't it? This drawing board business can really play with your emotions. I mean i've been sitting in this chair for about a year and a half...Wait actually i've moved three times. Yeah who's the boss now?! Ag who am I kidding. It still doesn't change the fact that i've been here doing heaps of chicken scrap work for peanuts. So how can I brainstorm if this place is made up of programmed machines and i've become one of them. I've gone through every emotion possible even the ones they don't tell you about in the Cosmo Mag, cried, howled and almost opened my own "Fight Club" on people's faces, but haven't been able to inspire fireworks of notions to spew from my head.

Uuurrrrgh frustrations. Anyway. Then a very good friend of mine sent me a link to a fashion blog which, after the first glance, we were glued to forever. That blog led us to another blog and that one led us to another then all of a sudden we were addicted to the blog world. Awesomeness!!! Don't know why it took so long for us to get on this gravy train.

Really thinking about blogging got me so excited but I think I was just that. Excited! All I could hear in my head was a distant sitar reminiscent of the 60s/70s era in the US playing in my head. All I could see in my head was a Guru looking dude beckoning me to run in the fields with him. *abrupt stop to my playing record*. Okaaaaaayyyyy!!! A sign perhaps?

I then decided to make a conscious decision to think(Mouthful huh? Yes. for some of us we HAVE to make a conscious decision to think. lol) and as i'm sniffing the Honeydew scent off my lips I go "Oh my gwaaaaaash. That's it!!". I begin to dream about it. I smile to myself in the shower and giggle like a madman and think "Wow i'm brilliant! Suck on that chocbuns!". *she then goes into a one-buttock playing position playing a classical piece on her imaginary piano*. Ahhhhhhhh Peace...

Sometimes you just have to step away from the screen, the ever-ringing telephone, the rehearsed lines. At times you need someone to just send you a link for fun. Sometimes you need to just not give a hoot about the fact that you're still at work writing this blog and that you could get busted *whistles and checks for wandering eyes* ...to realise your full potential if you placed yourself in a world unknown.

Thanks Melz :*

No comments: