Wednesday 21 September 2011

24...

"You're older than you once were but younger than you'll ever be".

*gasp*. This is a message I got from SANBS this morning and at first glance I thought to myself *in my aristocrat voice* "Well that's such an unfortunate thing to say". The more I read it over and over again, the more beautiful it became. Why? Because I know what i've been through and what i've overcome. I may not have much in materials, but i've gained knowledge over the years and best of all embraced wisdom. For me that's all enough.

It's funny. Today some people called, some didn't and had that been some years ago those who didn't call me would receive a lovely cold shoulder...but now i'm not even bothered. I live for more than to see the year pass, just so I can be flooded with calls and smses.

Like..I have this friend who doesn't believe in celebrating birthdays. It's something she's followed because of her religion since she was a child. Her not saying happy birthday didn't bother me one bit. There's so much more of her that I love than not. I'm so happy that she came when she did. I don't think I would've appreciated her as much as I do now.

Once you stop concentrating on things that don't matter, doors open. If you're too busy worrying about the fact that Mandz didn't call, then the whole world passes you by. I'm not saying that i'm totally ignorant of that day altogether, but...but I can save the streamers and balloons for another day.

With all that said, I'll always jam this song on my birthday no doubt! Made especially for me...and all the September 21st babies =)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Theres some truth in all of that..free spirited you are by not leting small things bother keeps it that way...it will save you a great deal in this wonderful cruel world we love and hate som much.....anyway! Now weres the links to your music I wanna bump some and hopefully share with friends